Thursday, July 30, 2009

Treehouse:: Day 7 (and PMC)

The pictures don't show it, but today was hard. I finished framing the openings for the windows and put up the siding. I used T1-11 siding, mainly to save some time, and money. Man that stuff is heavy, especially when you are working alone and lifting it ten feet into the air. Not to mention it was about 90 degrees and humid today. It was a two t-shirt day.

I don't want to complain though, because the PMC starts tomorrow night, so I am taking off for three days of bike riding. Two of my teammates and I are riding to the start tomorrow, about 70 miles from Boston. We will then ride 110 miles on Saturday (Sturbridge to Bourne), and about 90 miles on Sunday (Bourne to Provincetown). Whatever you find yourself doing this weekend, please stop for moment and think about those in your life who have been affected by cancer. You will be part of a tremendous circle of positive energy that transcends the bounds of cancer.


1 comment:

Rambling Canuck said...

Man, you've come a long way since building my bed in your Hood River kitchen.