Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Another Reason to Love New England

I woke up this morning and felt a slight tingle on my right forearm. Seeing the four tiny blisters I knew immediately that I had come in contact with some poison ivy while doing yard work this past weekend. For those of you who are lucky enough to live somewhere where poison ivy doesn't grow, it is a native plant here on Cape Cod that causes the worst fucking rash that is known to man. I had it so bad three years ago it spread from my wrist to arm pit, on both arms. If not treated immediately you are looking at six weeks of hell before the rash goes away. The rash starts out with these little blisters about the size of pinheads then spreads into this oozing infestation. The worst part is the oil that causes the rash can be rubbed off onto other body parts, or worse, your spouse and/or children. You want to really piss off your wife, give her a rash she will never forget. I have gone two years without getting into any poison ivy so I guess my number was up. There are many over the counter type ointments that help the itching, and if it gets real bad your doctor can put you on some steroids, but I haven't gone that route yet. My brother-in-law once had it around his ankles so bad that he poured gas on them and lit his feet on fire.


Listening to: Blue Mountain- Homegrown

No comments: